Mainau photo shoot - afterwards

by - мая 24, 2018

This spring I finally did what I wanted and planned to do for couple of years now. I organized and held a professional photo shoot at one of the best locations possible - Mainau flower park on Lake Constance in Germany. And there was not one photo shoot, but 10 to be precise! Two days, 10 families, 33 people (and even one dog) and billions of tulips and narcissuses... In total I’ve made 30‘000 steps and 3‘000 photos, but the amount of happy smiles, colorful flowers and warm memories captured turned out to be thousand times greater!


The idea of this photo shoot didn’t come from nowhere. First, I’ve been visiting Mainau in spring from the very beginning of my life here in Switzerland. I know how beautiful and wonderful those tulips are, and I always wanted to capture them in a proper way, meaning with some people in a background 🤓. Second, being photographed by a professional photographer in Switzerland is very expensive, and I always felt sorry for both people who do it (because they have to spend a fortune on those photos) and people who don’t (because they cannot or don’t want to „waste“ money on something they can do with their phones). 


But what if there was an option somewhere in between? What if someone could and was willing to make a few memorable shots for you, and at the same time didn’t charge hundreds of francs for that? I always thought I might be the one who could go for it, and so after my Christmas photo shoots I finally felt comfortable and ready to do it. It was quite a challenge, but after all we grow and develop professionally only outside our comfort zones, so I’m very happy I did leave mine, only to discover all the potential and strength I still have (and always had, to be honest) somewhere deep inside. Anyways, it was an awesome experience, and I cannot help but thank all the families who did agree to be a part of it - in the end of the day, it was all for them and because of them.


Here are some of my favorite photos from that weekend. Looking forward to have many more like this (both photos and weekends) in the future! In a meantime, I’m capturing families in charming azaleas this May here in Switzerland and planning to come back to Mainau in June, for its gorgeous rose garden is truly stunning and totally worth a visit. Especially with a passionate photographer by your side 😊









Have a great time, everyone!

You May Also Like

0 коммент.