Roads and streets in Ukraine

by - мая 26, 2013



 I hear a lot about it lately. Almost everyday someone writes about the quality of the roads, that is very, very low. My friends, my taxi drivers, even my father - everybody complains. And, as always, you cannot understand the problem entirely, until you see it yourself. And I did, today. 

More precisely, I didn't see it, but felt it. While walking down the street, after a short spring shower, there was a car moving towards me. In ca. 3 seconds I understood that there will be a water "blast", and I was standing directly on it's way, so the "clash" was inevitable. I tried to run away, and I failed, because there were swamps everywhere, both huge and small. 

So, it happend, and it looked very nasty. Not like in Sarah Jessica Parker's case from Sex and the City, when she was all wet in a street wearing that pink dress, but like in a classy movie, when the last looser gets into a car splash and becomes covered with mud and dirt, and his hair "sticks" to his face and huge swamp drops are draining down his glasses. I was that looser today, and it was very funny actually.

Anyway, I took a picture of that unfortunate place just to show you, and after 2 minutes I saw exactly the same place, with plenty of swamps everywhere on the very same street! I went to see my friend today, and on my way I saw ca. 7 places like that (it took me 15 minutes to get to her house).



So, I came to conclusion that the quality of paving is really bad, it's like the worst I've ever seen. And it's in the same condition all over Ukraine :(   This makes me sad, but this makes my fellow citizen really angry, that is even worse. So nobody's happy, but ... still living.








You May Also Like

0 коммент.