About swiss youth

by - марта 19, 2015

Briefly, 'cause from a phone :)

I actually consider myself as "youth" too, but you know, there are a lot of people around that are younger and therefore are "youth" slightly more than I am, so...

I wanted to write about swiss youth (swiss teenage boys, to be exact) five month ago, when I've faced them as a walking-with-a-stroller-mom for the first time. I meet them like once in a month, and today I saw them again, although I am not sure if it is the same company every time.

There is this place in a nearby, very quiet and sunny, with a table and a couple of benches, where not only teens but everyone likes to sit and chat or simply take a short brake from everyday life. We walk there everyday for 8,5 months now. Anyways, here I am, at 15:30, with a stroller and a sleeping baby in it, walking. The boys are ... well, young, you know? Wearing those cool Jay-Z-style hats, funny jeans and shiny bright-coloured sneakers. Loud, chatting in a very Swiss German, drinking, smoking and listening to a music from their own very cool and huge portable music player. Here I think "Man, why can't you be somewhere else and not on my way :(" Baby sleeps well, especially in a fresh air, but I'm sure that drum-and-bass thing would wake her up in like 2 seconds.

And here comes the best part. In about 10 meters distance between us those boys are turning the player off, extinguish the cigarettes and stop talking completely. So me and my sleeping baby are passing by in a killing silence, and then 10 meters more, and only then I here them turning the thing again.

There were 5 of them, all around 16 years old, 3 of them said "Grüezi" to me very quietly, only two were smoking and all were drinking coke or some energy drinks. Maybe you don't see anything strange here, but well, I do. From where I come you will never face this kind of attitude from this kind of youth.

I think it's pretty cool. And yes, I am trying not to think that they consider me as a "Madam" to whom they have to say "Good day", at the end of the day only 3 of them said it, not all :)

You May Also Like

0 коммент.