Memorable projects of 2018. Part 1

by - января 17, 2019

The workdays in December (and January if you ask me) tend to slip through our fingers quickly because of the busy holiday season and different demands and obligations at both work and home. As the end of the year approaches, it is a good opportunity to reflect back on what you have accomplished in both professional and personal lives. It is important to set some time aside to think about how you've developed and grown so that you can end the year right and plan for the new year ahead. I've already shared my story in a previous post here, but it's more like a full year review and I haven't said much about work there. So, I've decided to write another post (it most probably will consist of three parts since there's a lot to write about) featuring my work in a photography field in 2018. I'm going to tell (and show, obviously) you about the most memorable projects I've been working on during the year, because I read somewhere that when thinking back on what you've achieved at work, "it is important to keep track and document your important accomplishments. This information will be helpful during the next performance evaluation time as you discuss your performance and achievements with your supervisor". As if I have one :) But it's a fun thing to do so I'm doing it anyways. Enjoy!



While reviewing the year it is important to
  • Keep track of your accomplishments (obviously)
  • Acknowledge the contributions of others (all the time)
  • Stay positive (always)
  • Don’t forget the lessons learned (never)
  • Prepare for the new year (already)
I'm going to tell you about the 5 most memorable photography projects of 2018, but keep in mind that there's been so many more... I've been taking pictures of newborns, mothers-to-be, professional models, couples, families and their pets, photos of nature, animals and places of cultural interest, I've captured tens of memorable events, like birthday parties, baptism ceremonies, concerts and plays... I honestly tried to count the amount of people I've met and photographed in 2018, but it turned out to be nearly impossible! One thing I can say for sure is that I remember each and every one, and cherish the whole experience a lot!



So, let me start with the number #5. For the past 5 years this has actually been my #1 project, but everything's changed since I've started working with people. I guess you already know what I'm talking about here, at least if you've been following me on Instagram you've probably guessed by now. Everyone, please welcome, one of my beloved projects - "Travel photography of 2018"



I know that for lots of people traveling is not about photography. Like at all. "Normal" people travel somewhere nice, warm and safe, enjoy their stay in a hotel with a heated pool, spa or "all inclusive", kids get to swim in a sea and visit a local zoo, you enjoy the food, shopping and one or two excursions to the places of interest and... that's basically it. And it's usually enough - you get to rest and relax a bit and once you get the desired feeling of peace and serenity you can come back to work.  

In my case it's a bit different. Every time I get to discover a new place I cannot help but explore it as much as possible. It means we don't sleep, skip lunch time, we're hurrying to catch another train or ship, we spend a lot of time in lines and we obviously take thousands of photos. If I know that there's one of the best sunsets/sunrises in a world happening here every evening/morning I sure thing will be there, usually among hundreds of other tourists; if the guidebook says "it's like you've died and ended up in puffins' heaven" we are already on our way to it even if it's a 4-hour detour; if I know there's a Milky Way above the mountains visible tonight I will wake up and capture it even though it's freaking cold outside - this is all about me and my travel photography. This has been my passion for a while now and I'm still enjoying it very much, so I guess I'll keep doing it and share with you guys - hope it gives you some inspiration, feeds your sense of beauty and wakes up your adventurous nature. 

I wrote a lot about our travel experiences of 2018 in a previous post here - please feel free to check it out for more photos. There's Austria, Germany, Budapest, Thailand, London, Italy, Portugal, France, Greece and even a bit of Swiss mountains, as always. As for now, I'm very optimistic about the 2019 - there are three travel destinations I've been craving to see  for a long time now and I'm pretty sure it's all gonna work out pretty soon, so fingers crossed!

Here are some of my favorite landscape and travel photos made in 2018. Very excited about 2019 and very much looking forward to the new adventures it's preparing for me :)


Matterhorn, Switzerland

Hallstatt, Austria

Neuschwanschtein castle, Germany

Budapest, Hungary 

Julia at a sunset, Thailand

Thai paradise, Krabi, Thailand

Bangkok, Thailand

Living like locals, London

London, UK

London, UK

Varenna, Italy

Seealpsee, Switzerland

Lisbon, Portugal

Algarve, Portugal

Alsace, France

Blausee, Switzerland

Palpuognasee, Switzerland

Paros, Greece

Athens, Greece

Now to the next big project of 2018, and it's all about family photography and a very special type of photo shoot I kinda developed myself (even though I have a feeling it existed a long time before me) - Outdoor Family Photo Days. It's basically a normal outdoor photo shoot that happens on a specific date at a certain time at a special location, but the thing is there's up to five families to work with that show up one by one during the day, so they all get to be captured in the same spots and basically get the same photos. It costs cheaper than the normal outdoor session due to organizational reasons and I think it's one of the main reasons it was so popular among my clients in 2018.

I've organized 6 Photo Days during the year, captured 23 families in total, you can check out my previous posts to see some photos and find out more about the concept here and here. In 2019 I'm planning to organize 5 Photo Days (possibly more), two during spring time, one in summer and two in autumn. Please follow my blog or FB page to stay tuned should you be interested! Here are some of my favorite family portraits made during those photo marathons.


















Ok, these were two out of five projects I wanted to share with you guys. Top 3 are coming soon, working titles so far:
  • Girls and their Horses
  • Indian Immersion
  • Project X 

Hope you enjoyed the pics and there's so many more to follow... So make sure you're staying tuned by following me on FB, Instagram or here, and wish you all a great time wherever you are! 





You May Also Like

0 коммент.